Sunday, September 18, 2011

Week Two: Up and Ready

Hello Ladies!
So, how did it go? Did you clean that sink and keep it shining?  Please leave a comment telling us the following:

  1. Did you clean it? 
  2. How does it make you feel?
  3. What difference has having a clean sink made in your life and your family's life?
For me it made a big difference.  Since Ollie is bottle fed we usually have quite a few bottles in the sink by the end of the day.  I will usually wash them (that same day or days later, and YES old unwashed bottles stink!) and leave them in the drainer which takes up the majority of the counter top space in our little mini kitchen down here.  I found that I could just as easily wash the bottles right when I was finished feeding Ollie and could take the drainer off of the counter all together.  So not only did I get a clean sink out of the process, we also got a whole bunch more counter space!  I remember feeling overwhelmed a couple of times this week and then thinking "at least my sink is clean" and feeling a lot better!

OK, we have THREE new things to do this week:
  1. Go to your calendar and count 27 days from the day you cleaned your sink.  Circle the date.  On this date, a clean, shiny sink will officially be a habit!  If you forget or fail one day...just pick up the next day and keep going.  You don't have to be perfect...just try your hardest.
  2. The next new baby step habit is to pick out your clothes and shoes for tomorrow, tonight.  When you get dressed in the morning, make sure you get dressed all the way, including shoes.  Choose shoes that are easy to work in so that if you need to go outside to take out the trash or rake leaves, you will be prepared!  This will save you so much time in the morning and you will be up and ready for your day!
  3. The third baby step is to figure out a laundry schedule that works for you.  I am trying to do one load a day for five days....my plan is to put a load in first thing in the morning and to resist the urge to do more until tomorrow.  But I know it works for others to just do it all at once. Establish some sort of laundry routine.
That's it ladies!  I can't wait to hear your stories from last week and work on the new habits for this week, knowing that I'm not doing this alone. :)  

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Here are my answers:
    Did you clean it? Yes, tuesday -saturday. I still haven't cleaned it tonight.
    How does it make you feel? Great!
    What difference has having a clean sink made in your life and your family's life? Well, it not only gave me a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day but it motivated me to continue cleaning the rest of the kitchen and the rest of our home. I had our carpets professionally cleaned on Friday and I'm in love with our apartment again! I have included Jordan in our cleaning routine after kids are asleep and we've enjoyed some great quality time together as we clean together. So far everything is great in our family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    Yes, I did clean it!
    It feels so good!
    The difference it has made in me is; When I cleaned it the first day, I wanted to clean my stove and mop my floor. (I wanted to do more). The rest of the days I just felt good about having a clean sink and that spread into other rooms. I love it and I can't wait to start on the next step!

    ReplyDelete